Prior to the Canonisation of St Mary of the Cross MacKillop, a collection of liturgical and prayer resources was created and made available - through this website - to those communities and individuals who wished to prepare prayerfully for this historical event, and to be united in prayer and celebration with those who travelled as pilgrims to Rome for the Canonisation.
These resources are still available, and are eminently suitable for use at other times. They could be used as they are, or adapted for both liturgical celebrations and other times of reflection on Mary’s life, spirituality and legacy.
- A set of Mass Texts for use at weekday Masses in parishes or at places of pilgrimage associated with Mary Mackillop. These texts, approved for use by the Australian Catholic Bishops’ Conference, have their source in the “Commons of Holy Men and Women” and focus on aspects of Mary’s life:
- Mary MacKillop–faithful religious woman, founder of an Australian Congregation of Religious Women
- Mary MacKillop–a woman with a special concern for the poor
- Mary MacKillop–teacher and educator
- Mary MacKillop–model for pilgrims seeking Christ
- Mary MacKillop–lived by the Cross of Christ
- Mary MacKillop–a woman who loved the Church.
Other resources to support times for prayer in parishes and communities include:
- Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer
- A Litany of Mary MacKillop
- Prayer Cards
- The Novena Prayer that preceded Mary's Canonisation on October 17th, 2010
- Praying from the Heart: a reflection with Mary MacKillop for each day of the week.
- A collection of hymns and other music to honour the life and work of Mary MacKillop is listed. These are suitable for parishes, primary and secondary schools and can be found under the button Mary MacKillop Songs.