Celebrations in Scotland
The two Sisters of St Jospeh living in Fort William – Sisters Audrey Thomson and Therese McConway, accompanied the Australian Harvest Pilgrimage to Scotland
The celebrations in Scotland focused on the places Mary MacKillop visited and those connected with her family and, secondly, where some relatives still live.
Sunday 10 October
- Mass at Cille Choirill chapel & cemetery. for Australian pilgrims and those from Scotland. Mass was concelebrated by Bishop Toal, Monsignor Tom Wynne, and 4 Australian priests.
The 35 Visiting pilgrims enjoyed the opportunity to meet with the Scottish pilgrims many of whom are connected to Mary through family ties. The Roy Bridge parishioners hosted afternoon tea for the visitors in the village hall after the Mass
- Following footsteps of Mary MacKillop around Lochaber, Fort Augustus and Edinburgh with Australian Pilgrims
Thursday 14 October
- Australian Pilgrims farewelled as they flew from Edinburgh to Rome.
- The140 Scottish pilgrims flew fromPrestwick airport to Rome
Wednesday 21 October:
- Pilgrims returned from Rome
Sunday 31 October
- Celebration of Thanksgiving for Mary's canonisation was con-celebrated at Roy Bridge by Cardinal Keith O'Brien and Bishop, Joseph Toal. A luncheon and ceilidh followed
Sunday 7 November
- Sisters from Scotland joined the Sisters of Saint Joseph in Ireland for a national celebration of canonisation
Wednesday 17 November
- Diocesan celebration of canonisation in Cathedral at Oban.