The Celebrations in Western Australia were spread across the various diocese where the Sisters have worked and where many still are, especially in the Kimberley.
11.00am St Mary MacKillop Mass at Cathedral followed by morning tea.
To honour the occasion of Mary MacKillop’s canonisation the Sisters of St Joseph organised a novel
and memorable Swan River cruise on October 17 (day of canonisation). 140 enthusiastic pilgrims cruised down the Swan River to Fremantle and joined the celebrations at Notre Dame University. They joined in all the local Fremantle celebrations including watching the canonisation on a big screen - direct telecast from Rome.
- Mary MacKillop Festival:1.00pm - 7.00pm -Mouat and Croke Streets, Fremantle
- The University of Notre Dame Australia`s staff and students welcomed the opportunity to honour the significance of the canonisation of Australia`s first Saint, Blessed Mary MacKillop by hosting a Mary MacKillop Festival on the streets of Fremantle Campus
- The event activities included a variety of stalls, music, games and the opportunity to watch the canonisation taking place in Rome, streamed “Live” into our Lecture Theatres
- 9am Mary MacKillop Mass in Our Lady Queen of Peace Cathedral followed by Morning Tea
- 5pm Special Evening Prayer followed by shared meal while viewing live streaming of the event in Rome.
- 8.30am Procession from White Gum Park to St Vincent Pallotti Church Mary MacKillop Mass followed by Morning Tea.
- 9am Mary MacKillop Mass at Queen of Apostles Church
- 8am Mary MacKillop Mass at St Mary’s Church
- Cathedral 7.00pm Mary MacKillop Mass
- 9.30am Our Lady of the Bay Church College Ave Busselton